- Grand Canyon University - B.S or M.Ed. in Early Childhood Education and Elementary Education
- Walden University - Online Early Childhood Studies Programs
- Capella University - MS in Early Childhood Education - An online program designed to work with your schedule. Recognized by NAEYC and part of Capella’s NCATE-accredited professional education unit.
- Rasmussen College School of Education - Associate's and Bachelor's in Early Childhood Education - Each offers a flexible and affordable way to prepare to teach children in Pre-K classrooms.
- SNHU - MEd in Early Childhood Education - A regionally accredited program that will prepare you to foster an effective learning environment for pre-k students.
A positive preschool experience can have a lasting effect on a child that can be seen throughout their school years, and even into adulthood. Early childhood educators have a unique responsibility that comes with being the first teachers that young children come into contact with outside of the home. This puts them in a position to positively influence a young student’s attitudes toward school and learning, and to help instill positive habits that last a lifetime.
The wide availability of state-funded preschool programs has helped ensure that nearly all children in America today have access to a safe, nurturing and supportive environment in which to learn during the early stages of development. With a special appreciation for the importance of early childhood education, PreSchoolTeacher.org was created to offer aspiring early childhood educators a source of free information when researching state licensing requirements, teacher preparation programs, salary expectations, continuing education requirements, and advanced degree options.
The staff of educators and writers that helped make PreSchoolTeacher.org a reality set out to develop a resource that would be helpful to early childhood educators at all stages. Whether selecting a state approved teacher preparation program in early childhood education, preparing for licensing exams, or exploring opportunities for career advancement through graduate work, PreSchoolTeacher.org will serve as an indispensible resource.